What is Ionic and Cordova?
Ionic builds on top of Cordova.
Apache Cordova takes care of packaging your HTML5 app as a native app that can run in Android, iOS, and other platforms.
But if you simply take an existing website and package it as a mobile app the result will look nothing like a native app: users will notice very quickly that the styles and behaviours are pretty different.
Files in JS Folder ?
It contains separate module for app, controllers, directives, routes, services
- app.js : The main file that links all the other modules.
- controllers.js : deals with functions for particular page.
- directives.js : Directives can either just be a attribute/class that triggers custom behavior on an element, or in some cases, they act a lot like custom elements
- routes.js : deals with the routing between pages.
- services.js : deals with functions common to all page . Eg:- Sessions